Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day

In two days we will be celebrating the women who bring life into the world...mothers. And I thought for sure by now I'd be included in that group. In fact, last year around this time when I was shopping for a mother's day gift I found a cute ceramic future gift for my mom. It had two blocks with numbers on them that you can change, like one of those cute calendars, and it says '____ weeks until I'm a grandmother.' I was so sure that I'd be able to give it to her at any moment, since we had been trying for 2 months and how much longer could it take? So here we are a year later and that gift is still wrapped in tissue paper. And right now I feel like going to get it and throwing it on my driveway over and over until it shatters into a million pieces. But of course that's just my emotions talking. And last night when I was buying mother's day cards, I couldn't even read one without crying! Especially since there were a few 'First Mother's Day' cards staring at me and taunting me. But amidst all this, I have this feeling and sense of peace, a peace that passes any understanding. And I think we know where that comes from...God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Rollins

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers