Monday, April 29, 2013

IUI

Yesterday we had our IUI done! There's really not much to say about it because it took all of 3 minutes. I knew it wouldn't take long, but I didn't expect it to be that short. I had to go in for blood work at 7:30 and Jonathan had to deliver the goods :). We were in and out in 15 minutes. Last week we went for blood work and it took over 30 minutes, so we were not expecting to have so much time in between the labs and the procedure at 10:30. We decided to go eat breakfast and found a pancake house. It was delicious! As we ate, I noticed a pregnant woman walk in and couldn't help but think that maybe that could be me soon. I want so bad for that to be me soon!!

After we ate it was only 8:45, so we still had much time to kill. Since we wouldn't be attending our church services for being at our appointment, we decided to look around to see if there were any early services at nearby churches. I didn't realize how many churches were in downtown Charlotte! Most of them only had the traditional 11:00 or 10:30 service, which wouldn't work for us. We did find a contemporary church, Elevation, that had a 9:30 service, so we decided to go there and just leave early to get back to REACH by 10:30.  As we found some seats near the back (so we could sneak out without interrupting) I noticed the screen held the sermon series title. I can't remember it exactly, but it was about God's will. Can I just tell you that the days leading up to the IUI I had been praying for God's will to be done through the procedure?! I had even read, on Saturday, in the Bible where Jesus was praying to God to take His cup (His death on the cross) away from Him, but then followed it with "not My will but Yours be done".  I wanted that to be MY prayer too. Even though I don't want to go through infertility and I want the IUI to be successful, I want God's will to be done even more.

I left the doctor's office with a sense of peace and a feeling of joy and excitement. I don't know what the results of this will be, but I know that whatever happens I'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Rollins

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers