Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Progesterone Check

Well, the day FINALLY arrived. I went to the doctor this morning to get my blood drawn to check my progesterone levels to see if I ovulated. I was calm when I woke up this morning (surprisingly!) but when I got there I was super anxious. I don't know why. It's not like I have anything to do with whether or not I ovulate! Anyway, as the lab tech was sticking me with the needle, literally as SOON as the needle pierced my vein, the song 'Just Haven't Met You Yet' came on!

Now, let me back up a couple weeks.

About 2 weeks ago I was feeling really down, the worst I've felt during this journey. So a friend of mine from church made me a CD to help cheer me up. She tried to put songs that would uplift me and encourage me, including 'Just Haven't Met You Yet'.  He are a few of my favorite lines from the song:

I might have to wait, I'll never give up
I guess it's half timing, the other half's luck.
Wherever you are, whenever it's right
You'll come out of nowhere and into my life.

And I promise you, kid, that I give so much more than I get
I just haven't met you yet.

I'm pretty sure the song is about finding love, but when I hear it I think about meeting my future child. That's what it means to me. :)  So when it came on as she was drawing my blood, I almost cried right there! But I held it together until I was driving home. I joke with one of my fertility friends that it's a good thing we can't get pulled over for driving while crying (DWC), because I'd be in big trouble, haha!!

I guess these next couple days I will be sitting by the phone like a teenage girl waiting for a boy to call while I wait for the results of my blood work.

2 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog for a little while. My husband & I are headed for Invitro as soon as we get some things in order, hopefully in April. Anyway, I'm praying for you and hoping that your little one will be on it's way really soon! I hope your test is positive! Thank you for sharing that song, I'd never really listened to the words, but reading them got me thinking about the excitement of knowing you'll meet your baby soon! Thank you for writing about your experiences because it helps me to better prepare for my own journey.

    Jenee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do my bloodwork for ovulation on Friday. Good luck to you!

    Shannon
    mothers-in-waiting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Baby Rollins

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers