Friday, July 5, 2013

Transitions

It feels like forever since I've posted. Actually, it HAS been forever since my last post! To all my 3 readers out there, if you are still following me, I'm still alive :) and will post a little more often than I have been the past 2 months.

Life has been busy lately. Well, not any more busy than the normal person I guess, but some changes have happened and the past 2 months flew by before I realized it. One night I was thinking of all the many transitions a person can go through in life. Job change, or whole career change, death of loved ones, births and expanding families, moving, new relationships, health issues, and the list could go on.  Since my last post in May, my little family (me and the hubs) has experienced two of these transitions. First of all, Jonathan changed jobs. And let me just say that for about the past year he has not enjoyed his job and neither have I. It felt like a gap was between us because of all the time he was spending at work and not at home. Don't get me wrong, I am VERY thankful that he has a job, but when he was working 11-12 hours a day Mon-Fri it put a strain in our marriage. I was coming home after work to an empty house day after day and trying to cook, clean, and do yard work so he wouldn't have to worry about any of it after his long days. And I do enjoy being a wife and having the opportunity to do those things, but it put extra stress on me knowing that I was pretty much responsible for it all and had no help. Jonathan never told me he wouldn't help, but I took it upon myself to not burden him anymore than he already was. Plus, he is leading the youth group at church and needs time to get lessons together and plan events. Bottom line was he wasn't happy. So an opportunity came up for him to switch departments at work. The thing is, this same opportunity came up about 7-8 months ago too and he turned it down because it was a significant pay cut. This time we both felt that it was the best option for us, pay cut and all. We prayed about it because at first it was a scary decision. Could we make it month to month on less income? But we both felt at peace about it and for the past 5 weeks he's been happier at this position than I have seen him in a long time. And that makes this little wife happier too!! :) it sounds cliche, but I've definitely learned that money cannot buy happiness, and I would rather be happy than wealthy any day!
"Do not overwork to be rich."  Proverbs 23:4

The second transition that we've experienced since my last post is that we found out our little family will be expanding. I'm pregnant. And overjoyed. And scared. And somedays still in disbelief. And undeserving. Of all the prayers I'd prayed in the past two years, I still had doubt in my heart and was convinced that it would never happen to us. Even on the day we found out, I was sure I wasn't going to be pregnant. How can I, who doubted God's awesome power, be deserving of this gift that I didn't even believe He would give me? I'm truly humbled. I will share more of my pregnancy and this new journey in later posts.

For those of you who are reading this and you are still trying to conceive, and maybe you have been for a while, I pray that the Lord will bless you. God has a plan for you, greater than you can even imagine! And if you let Him, He will carry you through your infertility and give you more joy than you've ever had, with or without children.

"For of Him and through Him and to Him are ALL things, to whom be the glory forever."  Romans 11:36

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the pregnancy!!! Hope to see more posts with updates :o)

    ~Shannon @ mothers-in-waiting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Baby Rollins

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers