Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Twenty Thirteen

Happy New Year! There are 365 days of possibilities ahead of me this year. The possibility of getting pregnant, or not, the possibility of choosing to be happy and satisfied with life, or not, the possibility of making a difference, or not...it's endless. I hope that this year brings a baby and happiness and joy and all things good, but I know that I'm not in control of everything that happens. What I am in control of is my choices. And making choices is hard sometimes! :)  BUT, through prayer and guidance from my God, I know He'll lead me in the direction I'm supposed to go...as long as I listen!

As I think about last year, I can't help but to think about two (out of the several) ladies who I was able to connect with through infertility. Wow! What a blessing they both have been to me. This journey is tough, but it's easier when you have friends who are walking the same road to travel it with.  And I've prayed for these ladies, prayed that God would bless them with the children they've longed for and waited for for so long.  And guess what? Both of them will become mothers this year!!! God is in the business of miracles and He's still working them. I know He can work a miracle in me too and they give me even more hope to believe that.

Speaking of my little miracle yet to come, I've been to the fertility clinic three times in three weeks and will go again next week to make it four for four, haha! The first was the initial consult in which we talked to the doctor and I had an ultrasound done (found MANY follicles on each ovary which is what happens with PCOS, but it's not a good thing obviously), the second was on Christmas Eve for a major blood draw (12 tubes!!), and the third was yesterday for my HSG, which really wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. And everything looked good, nothing blocking my tubes. The doctor even said my uterus looked perfect...wow, what a compliment.  We will go back next week to discuss blood work and the next steps, which is very exciting for me.  Who knows what this year will hold?!?

1 comment:

  1. Have you had your thyroid checked? I had fertility issues when we first started trying to get pregnant too. The doctor figured it was because my thyroid was out of whack. Just a thought...I am sure you and the doctors are covering all the bases. Just thought I would mention it. PRAYING FOR YOU GUYS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Baby Rollins

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers