Friday, November 16, 2012

Just Send Me a Text!

I've often joked about how I wish God would just send me a text or call me and let me know how things are going to turn out. :) Well, this week I believe he did just that. 


Here's how it all started...
Wednesday, mid-morning, I noticed very light spotting. Great. My period was coming. I was crushed, absolutely crushed. I was certain that this might be the month. And it's been a long time since I've felt that way. Recently, I've been glad to at least get my period because then I knew my body was functioning. Not this time. The sadness that welled up inside me was unexplainable. I was just sad and broken. I cried the whole way home from work. More recently when I've gotten upset about this journey my first response is to become angry and mad and question God. But Wednesday afternoon was different. I didn't ask why and I wasn't even mad. Just hurt. Tears streamed down my face and I wanted to curl up on my couch and sleep for the rest of the evening.  

No one gets it. No one understands. 
I do, however, have one amazing friend (I'll call her A) who I share everything with. She gets it. She understands. She's been there and done that. I can be open and honest with her without feeling judged and know she cares for me. And I couldn't wait to email her on Thursday morning and tell her all about my heartbreak...especially because just 2 days before, I had sent an email to tell her I thought this may be the month! 

Thursday morning I arrived at school early to do morning duty. At 7:00 as I'm turning on my computer my phone begins to vibrate. It's A calling. At 7:00?! We don't talk on the phone all that often, and especially not at 7 am. My first reaction was panic, wondering if everything was okay. When I answered the phone I could hear excitement in her voice. As she talked I realized she was excited about something for me. Weird. She tells me that when she woke up I was on her mind. That when she read from her Bible the story reminded her of me. She was so excited that she couldn't wait to send our daily emails, she just felt the need to call right then! The story A read came from Luke about a boy who was blind. People were questioning Jesus as to why he was blind. Was it his parent's fault? Was it his fault? Jesus told them HE made him that way. For a purpose. And I've been made my way (infertile) for a purpose. As we continued to talk, A shared with me that she felt certain that God had a purpose in all this for me. That I would have a testimony one day and be healed and we'd be rejoicing over my children one day. She felt the Lord telling her that...about me! Then, as she was getting in her car to leave for work, she heard another message on the radio through a song. MY song, as we like to call it. 'While I'm Waiting' was playing on the radio and A said she felt that was God's assurance that my blessings are coming. There is a promise yet fulfilled. The most amazing part of this story to me is that she didn't even know about how I was feeling the day before when I realized that this wasn't the month. She didn't know I was hurting and needed words of encouragement. In fact, the last she knew was that I thought I could be pregnant. Now you tell me that God didn't see my pain and give her that message to give to me! 

So I finally got my phone call from God that I've been asking for. :)  Only He sent A to be His voice. I don't think I could've gotten a clearer message. If it would've been a dream, a scripture, a song, even a daily devotion emailed to me, I'd question it. I'd find some way to rationalize it in my head as a coincidence. Not this time. It was too perfect; a true God moment.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I am so glad your friend came to you with that. I've had a friend come to me with the same sort of conversation. I truly believe we are chosen to be His disciples and we are tested and tried to make us strong for others. I have always wanted to help others, and if it's by sharing my story that's fine with me. If you ever want to talk you can find me on facebook and add me, I don't mind! I know how hard it can be to feel lonely at times. I pray God brings you comfort. Much Much love.

    ReplyDelete

Baby Rollins

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers