Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Next Steps

I went to see my new doctor yesterday and I already love him! He made me feel so comfortable and really explained things to me AND answered all of my many questions without getting annoyed or writing me off as crazy. :) He seems to think the next logical step to take is using Clomid. By the way my body has reacted to the metformin and the blood work they've done, he says that's our best option right now. So part of me is apprehensive because he said that he is sure I am ovulating because of my regular cycles and the spike in my BBT, but the timing is just not consistent from month to month, which means we are basically just hoping to have sex on the right day each month. We're playing a guessing game. In a way, I want to just keep trying on our own instead of trying to intervene, like Sarah in the Bible when she told Abraham to sleep with her maidservant, Hagar, since she herself couldn't give Abraham a baby. And things didn't turn out so great in that situation because it wasn't God's plan. On the other hand, I feel like taking the Clomid would just help to regulate me, not necessarily get me pregnant. It would help us determine when I'm ovulating for sure to give us a better chance. And then from there if that doesn't work, we may know that there is something more serious going on. I DON'T KNOW!!! I never thought I would have any hang-ups about this, that I would just do whatever it took to have a baby. Tentatively, the hubs and I talked and we are going to try once more on our own and if nothing happens I will start the Clomid during my July/August cycle. But who knows...I may change my mind yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Rollins

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers