Monday, January 16, 2012

THE Dreaded Question

"So when are YOU going to have a baby?"

That's what I was asked several times yesterday while at a baby shower. Of course the people who asked don't know my situation, so I can't hardly blame them since Jonathan and I have been married for 4 1/2 years. But it still makes me want to scream, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! I mean, what do you say? Oh, I have PCOS and go into a long explanation about it and all of the treatments we've tried so far? The first person who asked me, I was fine. But then I felt bombarded and was almost in tears when like 3 other people brought it up at the same time. I almost had to excuse myself to the bathroom, but I got myself under control! And I didn't want to take the focus off the mommy-to-be, because I am truly happy for her!

I can say one thing that I have learned through this experience is to NOT ask questions like this. For one, you never know what the person is going through and two, it's really none of their business. So eventually by the time I got asked this question again as I was leaving my response was, "Whenever God decides it's time."

"Wait on the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait on the Lord.". Psalms 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Rollins

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers